There are many reasons you may need to have a pelvic ultrasound, such as pelvic pain, period irregularities or fertility issues.
For general pelvic scanning we:
- Assess and measure the uterus and the lining of the uterus (endometrium)
- Assess and measure structures around the uterus, such as the ovaries and Fallopian tubes
- Confirm Mirena or IUD placements if required
For fertility investigations and follicle tracking, we perform additional views as necessary:
- Measurements and volumes of ovarian follicles
- Additional measurements of cervix and uterine cavity